Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

What a World

I came in from my shop where I had just put the finishing touches on the elevator I built so my wife wouldn't have to carry boxes up and down the stairs. I put the bread my son-in-law brought me into the oven and walk into the living room.

I hear talking, look over, and see that Michelle's computer is invading the living-room of my son's house 2000 miles away from here. On the left side there is a window with the TV-Show "Man vs Wild" playing on it. The right side of the screen displays Shane's dogs laying on the carpet and the bottom of Shane's leg.

I click on the arrows and adjust the web cam so I can see Shane and Cassandra sitting on the couch (the dogs were asleep and boring). Apparently Cassandra hears the whir of the motor as I re-direct the web cam. I then click an icon on the screen and a remote control pops up. I click on the pause button on the remote control and the TV show stops.

Shane looks directly into my video display on the monitor and asks "Why did you pause it?". I restart the program, open a chat window and type in that I walked into the living room and found the setup on Michelle's computer and wanted to see if the show was the same one they were watching.

I don't think my parents checked up on me like that when I moved into my first house.....

No comments: