Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Maggie Would be Proud

Loretta and I were riding the elevator up to the room so we could change into beach cloths. At about the 11th floor I threw a candy wrapper and hit my little sister in the face.

After bouncing off her nose the paper fell to the floor. I suggested Loretta pick it up so someone else wouldn't have to.

(Retta is bugging me now because she's ready to go to the beach so I'll jump to the bottom line)

...my little sister picked the paper up as the doors started to open, 16 floors up. Then, in an unchaeristic move she stuffed the candy wrapper in the crack between the elevator and the hallway floor.

As the paper dropped the 16 floors into it's new permanant residence I exclaimed "Well THAT was nothing like you. Maggie would be proud!"

4 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

At least she didn't desecrate one of the most hallowed places in the history of our country.

VacaSanto said...

Indeed. She chose to desecrate a different country.

Anonymous said...

He forgot to mention, it wasn't until much `daring` by him that I finally did it. I didn't really want to, but, regardless of your age, when you're the little sister and your big brother dares you to do something, well.....you cave!

VacaSanto said...

What an over-reaction! I didn't do "much daring" as she describes it. All I said was that I was going to leave her in Butafugo alone without any money or her passport if she didn't comply. Who calls that kind of "gentle pursuasion" a dare?!?