Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Apparently I was an aspiring poet...

I was going through papers in the garage and I found a paper marked in such a way to establish that I worte it on February 11, 1971 (which means I was 13) Here's my prose...

Once upon a time, way up in a tree
there was a little bird. His name was chickidee.
An then we found an empty dish, owned by a cat name flerp.
I yelled "Where is my little bird?" but all he said was burp!

Once there was a dog, so masculent and tuff.
He was very proud. His master named him Ruff.
Ten one day a cat named moo killed the cow named joe.
The dog named Ruff didn't care how much that cat did grow.
Until one day when moo came down to see the dog named Ruff.
The dog and cat had a fight but neither one was tough.
Ruff had made a big mistake, he bit the belly of the cat.
From the meat that came form joe there was a giant splat.

Once there was a little kid who ran around the block.
He never wore all of his shoes and tried to eat his sock.
Then his mama said, "Hey Kid? What you tryin to do!"
He answered "Nothing really mom, The dog just ate my shoe".

Once there was a baker man who baked the cakes all night.
He finally got to take a rest, he fired some dinomite.

Little Jack Horner sat in the corner, eating his Chirsmas pie.
He stuck in his thumb and pulled out his little sister and said
"Hey, what are you doing?"

Once upon a time there was a kid name Joe.
He never sucked his thumb, he always sucked his toe.
This was fine and Dandy until very soon
His favorite sucking toe looked just like a prune.

Ole mother Hubbard sat in the cupboard eating her dog named Joe.
Along came a spider who sat down beside her - and bit her on the toe.

Once there was a very old man who ate a lot of fish.
Then one day he fell down and car ran over him. Squish!

Jack be nimble Jack be quick or I'll hit you with a stick.

Once thre was a banana that crunched and muched and chewed,
but never eat a banana cause it's no kind of food.

I wish I had a nickel for every"A" that's come. I run down to the 5 and dime
to buy a pack of gum.

If I had a nickel for every time I'm wrong I could buy a first class trip
to see the viet cong!

No comments: