Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Monday, February 15, 2010

I think I'm Done Buying Lenses

The snow came on Thursday and more or less shut Dallas down. It was unfortunate becasue I had ordered a new Nikkor 18-200 mm lens that would have been quite useful for my pictures of the snow. The lens was stuck in Mesquite so my snow pictures were produced using what was left in the bag.

But 2 minutes ago the doorbell rang and my newest (and likely last for quite some time) lens finally arrived.

I think I've got the range covered now. I now have 4 Nikon lenses to make my D90 a happy camera. Here's what I ended up with:
  • 10 - 24 mm Ultrawide (for landscapes and tight areas)
  • 18 - 200 mm (for nearly everything else so I can carry 2 lenses and cover it all)
  • 70 - 300 mm (for those far away shots when I need a really long lens)
  • 35 mm (my f1.8 prime lens for low light shots).

The great thing about this collection is it will support "photo outings with my best friend Michelle". She has a D40 body and I've got a D90 (come to think about it, that's about right in real life too). The lenses fit on both camera bodies so we can both hit nearly every focal length at the same time with this collection.

Now all I need is a flash with better control than those built into the camera...

Well, between the snow storm and the NBA All Star game I've added over 5 gigabytes of pictures. Maybe I could use another hard drive too.

No comments: