Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Really Are Smarter Than This

A short time ago I upgraded my operating system to Windows 7.

No big deal really but when I did my POP3 mail client went away (Vista has one, Windows 7 does not). As a result I've been struggling (as much as one can struggle with such things) with the task of getting my personal mail. Ultimately I ended up doing it online in a web window.

Today, as I was using Outlook to read my work email on my personal machine it hit me. It's my copy of Outlook (yes, I purchased it with real money out of my personal bank account) and it's perfectly capable of getting messages from both Exchange servers AND POP3 servers.

I added my two personal mail addresses to my profile and what do you know - I have access to my mail.

Sheesh. I'm actually a bit embarrassed that it took me this long to figure it out.

1 comment:

Shane said...

You should use the gmail interface. It is more versatile and the UI is better than Outlook. Plus it's more available. There.