Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Laugh Out Loud Moment

So I'm cutting 2 inch angle iron for a project I'm working on. Sparks are flying everywhere as they always do but I've done this so many times in the past week that I really don't mind being bathed in the fire.

That was when I smelled the burning hair.

You would think this post would be about the burning hair, but it isn't. I clearly remember having a conscious thought. It was:

"I am in the middle of a shower of sparks and I smell burning hair ... that can't be good".

Obviously I stopped cutting and patted my head down to smother any fire that was going on up there but by the time I finished ensuring I wasn't on fire anymore I pondered the thought that triggered the fire prevention activity and started laughing so hard that I had to take pause before returning to my task.

Now if I can just work that into a conversation with another human being...

"I am in the middle of a shower of sparks and I smell burning hair ... that can't be good".

No comments: