Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Ignorance Reduction

MickeyLive

Ignorance Reduction While Cruising

Slide courtesy of Mickey Live Inc.

What's more fun than a tax class but not quite as delightful as a hairy chest contest?  Education or, more accurately, the combination of education and entertainment.  Edutainment is a new thing I'm starting to see on ships as I cruise.

As we sailed from Sydney, Australia to Seattle we had lectures on subjects from "The History of Rock n Roll" to "How Much Starwars Technology Actually Exists Today".  I liked the concept and now keep a constant eye out for such things when cruising.

There were three such lecturers on our ship as we sailed toward the south pole; Dr. Dave who talked about nature and wildlife, Peter Lasorsa who talked about security and identity theft, and by far the most talented...Mickey Live.

The skilled among us (like Virginia Cotton) will quickly see that Mickey has his nerd on.  Otherwise you wouldn't represent your value on a graph and you wouldn't quantify fun as a factor.  The nerd part of the presenter was quite refreshing!

Throughout my writings about my trip I will be using things I learned from the MickeyLive lectures.  I will also share a photograph from the snapshot rally from time to time.  When I do, I will leave the MickeyLive overlays on the photos so you know the images are not mine and I don't have any distribution rights (so please enjoy them but do not copy them).  The images that don't have the MickeyLive logo on them are mine and not only am I giving you permission to copy them, but drop me an email and I'll send you the original (which will likely be 16 megabytes in size and in the raw Nikon format).



No comments: