Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

In Case You're Wondering...

Kroger had pork picnics for 88 cents a pound (limit 2). Fiesta had pork butt for 77 cents a pound (limit 3). I read the ad and kept seeing the word "Sausage". I'm down to my last 5 pounds of Italian.

We got all 5 (2 from Kroger, 3 from Fiesta). Total weight (still in the package) was 45 pounds. Michelle and I boned it out and cut it into chunks that will fit in my meat grinder. The loss was 13.3% and we just put 39 pounds of "ready to grind" pork into the freezer.

This means we're going to have lots of sausage at the Crawfords so for a limited time I'll play "let's make a deal". I will trade 2 pounds of my home made sausage (Italian, Breakfast, Polish, Bratwurst or William Tell Polish) for a whole chicken (don't care how small or big) which I will donate to the food bank.

Those of you who have tried my sausage - stop drooling on yourselves. Those of you who haven't tried it...this window is rare. People who try my sausage often ask to buy some. I always give the same answer:

"I don't sell it. If I sell the stuff it stops being a hobby and starts being work" That means this offer is not only a limited time - it's finite in nature. You snooze you lose.

No comments: