Serving the Lord, helping the kids, and spending the last third of my life working my way back to the place where I can hang with the boy.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last Post September 28th

That's what it said.

The last one was September 28th. I suppose that means nothing has happened for the last month (or I would have written, right?).

Well, not exactly. I over loaded. That's what I did. Overloaded.

There was the trip to Brazil closely followed by the Taylor Swift concert.

Then I ramped it up a notch at work so I was working longer days.

Then we went to the Fall National drag races because there is nothing like watching men in women's clothing doing the high hurdles (Monte Python reference or those of you that are too young to remember)

Then I managed to record enough hours of the WSOP to run Jack & Mandy's DVR out of space so I had to watch (and delete) all those episodes.

Then I finished building the elevator in the shop (yes - I have an elevator in my shop).

Then I undid part of the elevator (pulled the motor and much of the cable out) so I could put pegboard and sheet rock on the shop wall.

Then I decided to add multiple air-filters, a pressure regulator and a hose reel to my compressed air system (requiring extensive plumbing which I have not yet finished)

Then I flew to Hartford CT to spend some time with my mother (got bumped to first class both directions).

Well at some point during all of this the transmission started going out of Bruce's truck and what must you do when that happens? Well, duh! You buy an auto lift so you can pick Bruce's truck up and take the transmission out (it comes out the bottom you know).

A sane person would have hired someone to install the auto lift (I priced it - $400 plus an electrician to install the auto lift) but a sane person wouldn't have Bruce "We don't need to hire someone - we can do this ourselves" Rougeau as their friend. So...

Then I installed this 1500 pound auto lift without any professional help (but Bruce took a day off work to help me).

I finished installing the lift yesterday. I was going to call an electrician to wire the 3 HP single phase motor (230 volts) that runs the hydrolic pump but Bruce "We don't need to hire someone - we know Shelby Smith" talked me out of that...

No comments: